Thursday, September 2, 2010

Swallow Pills Like a....Boat???

i was talking to my good friend goober, who shares with me a love for the teachings of a certain rev. dr. john piper, and more importantly the bestest, most awesomest person in the whole wide world EVAR, JC :D (and yes, i realize that was SO grammatically incorrect, but trying to describe Jesus makes me lose all control of my grammar, haha). anyway, we were discussing whether or not it was possible to photoshop clothes onto people because i felt like a creeper every time i was typing something in his chat window since his picture displayed some very expansive male-upper body/torso-nakedness. lest you think he's some weirdo, let me clarify; he and his cousin are on a boat in his picture. ok, so i guess the point of that tangent was to explain why i'm writing about boats, and to give a shout-out to goober :)

anyway, the title of this post is referencing the Lonely Island's song "Like a Boss," just in case anyone was wondering...(please excuse the language)



to give some background info, this gem of an exchange took place during dinner, after i was complaining to my mom about how i was having a hard time swallowing all the pills she packed for me. as a side note, my mom runs a pharmacy out of one of our lower cabinets; the entire cabinet is full of all kinds of vitamins and nutrient/supplements you could imagine, and she likes to pack a bunch of them for me to take at work. now, i learned how to swallow pills at an early age (i think 5) because i hated the way children's medicine tasted, so i'd like to think i'm pretty good at swallowing pills. however, my mom packs me 9823472959 pills to take, and i had only a little bit of juice left that day so i had to choke all those pills down with only one gulp of juice. my dear mazzer misunderstood though and thought i had problems swallowing pills in general, and this is the advice she gave me:

e*: oh my gosh, i had such a hard time swallowing all those pills at work today, umma!
m: nonono, you gotta swallow them like boat! you know?
e* and dad: ?_? errrr.....
m: it has to go down like boat! you know, BOAT! (i think she means you have to swallow it vertically, not horizontally)
d: what about a submarine? you can't swallow like submarine? hahaha
m: -_-;;;;

maybe it's only amusing to me, but i promise imagining my mom saying this in english with her korean accent will make is 287497414x better, hahaha

i'm feeling so out of it today (i think i'm getting sick) and can't think of a good way to wrap up this post, so i'm out...byeeeee!

1 comment:

  1. can you update your blog some more and talk to me more? :D haha i feel needy when i talk to you -.-;; no bueno smelly :D

    ReplyDelete